On December 16, 1894, the Church of the Gesu was dedicated, bringing together two existing Jesuit parishes – St. Gall’s and Holy Name Parish. The church’s dedication was heralded as a significant event in the history of the Catholic Church in Milwaukee.
Located in the heart of Milwaukee, Gesu Catholic Parish is grounded by Jesuit tradition and is centered on the Ignatian value of Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam – to the greater honor and glory of God.
From the parish staff and the planning committee, to all of our former pastors that made time to celebrate with the Gesu community, we extend our thanks to all those that did so much to make our 125th Anniversary year so special. We look forward to continuing our commitment to outreach, service, and social justice; and we look forward to our future as a robust, inclusive, giving, and faith-filled community.
|News Stories Archive|
|88Nine Radio Milwaukee - This gorgeous Milwaukee church holds 125 years of history inside - 3/20/2019|
|MUTV - Gesu Turns 125! - 2/19/2019|
|OnMilwaukee - Urban spelunking: Church of the Gesu - 2/19/2019|
|Marquette Wire - Gesu celebrates 125th anniversary - 2/5/2019|
|Fox 6 News - 'Really an honor:' Church of the Gesu celebrates 125-year legacy of worship, service - 1/27/2019|
|WTMJ News - The Church of the Gesu Celebrates 125 Years - 1/27/2019|